May 4-8, 2020 is Teacher Appreciation Week!
As we enter week #8 of quarantine and homeschooling our own children, I think it goes without saying that this year has given most of us an even greater appreciation for what our teachers really do for our children each day! Even though it may not be possible to thank our teachers in person right now, we still want to show them just how much they are loved and appreciated. In an effort to honor our CUSD1 teachers, we will celebrate each day this week by making a post on our social media pages with a different theme each day for everyone to help show our past and present school teachers what an important role they play in our lives.
- Memorable Monday - Share your favorite school memories and the teachers that made them so memorable.
- Taught me Tuesday - Post the best lesson you ever learned from a teacher in school.
- What You Love Wednesday - Share what you love most about your current teacher.
- Throwback Thursday - Shout-out to a former teacher who had an impact on your life.
- Future Teacher Friday - Tag someone you think would make a great teacher, or tag a teacher that inspired you to become a teacher yourself.
Another great way to honor your teachers is always the good old fashioned hand-written letter. Not only is it free, but it would likely mean more to them than any store bought card or gift certificate. If you don't already know where they live or have access to their address, just use the school website to get the address of their school and mail it to them there. Hearing from the students and families they miss so much right now would surely make their day a little brighter.