Important Parent Information
Parents must complete the online registration process for their child(ren) through Skyward Family Access. Parents of returning students should already all have a username and password assigned to them and their child(ren). Parents of students that will be new to the district will need to complete this new student form and contact the office of the individual school that they intend to enroll their child in. Depending on building, they may also need to request former educational records, establish residency, and get a Skyward username and password assigned to them for family access. If you have forgotten your username and/or password and need it to be reset, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See 2020-21 FEES for a list of all fees for all CUSD Number One schools this year.
Please click here to see step by step directions on how to schedule your child's parent/teacher conference through Skyward family access.
- Charleston Middle School Grade 7 Supply List, Grade 8 Supply List
- Jefferson Elementary School Grades 4-6 Supply List
- Carl Sandburg Elementary School Grades 1-3 Supply List
- Ashmore Elementary School Grades K-4 Supply List
- Mark Twain Elementary School PreK-Kindergarten Supply List
Please click here to see a chart with all of the required vaccines for child care facilities, preschool, early childhood, pre-kindergarten, and grades k-12 for students entering school during the 2019-20 school year.
Below are PDFs of the required forms. These forms must be printed, completed
by your doctor and then returned to Nurse's Offfice in your student's school.
- Child Health Exam -Needed for students going into Kindergarten, 6th, & 9th Grades
- Dental Exam -Needed for students going into Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th, & 9th Grades
- Vision Exam -Needed for Kindergarten students and any student new to Illinois
These will be available for purchase after August 1st each year at Charleston CUSD #1
Central Office on 410 West Polk. For more information on the passes please call (217) 639-1000.
Building transfer requests must be completed on an annual basis prior to the end of the current school year and turned into the school office. Please click here to access a printable copy of this form.
Illinois Central School Bus Company: (217) 345-3016
Requests for transportation services must be done electronically in Skyward. Locate Bus Information for your child (Bus #, Drop-off/Pick-up times, etc.) in Skyward. Please click here to see a PDF document on how to locate your child's bus information in Skyward Family Access.
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities
- Required Notices
- School Hours
- Volunteer at Our Schools
- Aramark Food Service
- Charleston Music Boosters
- Charleston Trojan Booster Club
- CORD - Community Online Resource Directory
- EIASE - Eastern Illinois Area of Special Education
- Illinois Central School Bus Company
- Joint PTA
- Ashmore Elementary School maintains their own PTO. All Ashmore parents and teachers are automatically members of their PTO. For more information, contact Ashmore School at 217-349-3000.