Charleston School District #1 Benefits
- Health Insurance (paid by Board on employee / May elect dependent coverage)
- Life Insurance (term) - $20,000
- Sick Leave days will be credited annually at 12 days per year employed
- 2 Personal Leave days per year, which may accumulate to a total of 8 days (additional days go into sick leave)
- Tax Sheltered Annuity - Any employee of the School District may authorize a tax sheltered annuity contract.
- Cafeteria Plan - The Board of Education shall provide, on a voluntary basis, an Internal Revenue Code, Section 125 plan that will include provisions for dependent insurance premium, out of pocket medical expenses and child care.
- Credit Union - As an employee, savings and loan privileges are provided by the Area Educational Credit Union.
- Fair Share Dues
Additional Benefits – ESP Only (Educational Support Personnel)
- Holidays - Consists of approved school calendar holidays
- Vacation (12-mo. emp.) - 2 weeks after one year employed
- IMRF - Board contributes a percentage for retirement (% changes every year)