Morning Drop Off Procedures
Parents that wish to drop off a student may use the circle drive (Ohio Street) at the North Main entrance to the building. Students may arrive at 7:15 a.m. A staff member will be at the door to assist students with entry to the building. If you wish to park and walk your child into the building, please park in the parking lot on the west side of the school (Illinois Street entrance), and walk to the North entrance. Do not park in the circle drive and exit your vehicle to come into the building, as this will block the drive, and buses and other parents will not be able to pass through. Also, for the safety of all students, traffic is kept to one-lane at all times in the circle drive. Traffic cones are put out to ensure this procedure.
If your child is a walker or a car rider, and they wish to eat breakfast at school, they need to arrive between 7:15 and 7:40 a.m.
School starts at 7:50 a.m. Any student arriving after that time will be considered tardy.
Drop Off/Pickup Procedures Throughout the School Day
If you wish to drop off or pick up your child between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on a regular school day, you may park in the circle drive to come to the office to sign them in or out.
If you are visiting the school for any other reason, please park in the west parking lot.
End of the Day Pickup Procedures
Students may be picked up at the front door at the end of the school day.If you wish, you
may park in the west parking lot and walk to the front door to meet your child. Otherwise,
you may pick your child up at the front door by driving through the circle drive.
The dismissal procedure is as follows:
- Buses park in the circle drive.
- Parents in vehicles park along the west side of Ohio Street in single file.
- Bus students are dismissed from the building first.
- After buses are loaded, they exit the circle drive.
- At that time, students that are walking or riding their bicycles are dismissed.
- After all buses have exited the circle drive, vehicles may pull through, following each
other in single file.
- Students are dismissed 1-2 cars at a time as they pull up to the door.
Once again, for the safety of all students, traffic is kept to one lane at all times during dismissal.