rules are posted in each classroom. These are simple rules which reflect
classroom behavior. It is important that parents and students know these
For respectable and compliant behavior,
students can earn "FROGS". The "FROGS"
are varied in value and given by the teacher. There will be a
weekly auction in which students may purchase items using their "FROGS".
The classroom rules that the students are expected to follow are as
1. Never cut in line.
2. Do not smack your lips, "tsk", roll eyes or show disrespect
3. Always say "thank you" when given something.
4. If you are asked a question in conversation, respond and ask a
5. Transition from one subject to another or transition from one
class to another, will be swift,
quiet and orderly.
If any child in the school is bothering you, let the teacher know.
Let the teacher deal with the situation.
7. Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. Then say
8. If someone drops something, pick it up and give it to
9. When in line, walk single file, with your arms at your sides.
You should face forward at all times. There will be absolutely no talking.
The Essential 10 is based off the bestselling
The Essential 55 by
Ron Clark. Students are
expected to follow the Essential 10 rules.
All students are expected to follow the
Jefferson Elementary School rules as outlined in the Jefferson
Continual disobedience can cause the child to
be sent to the office of the assistant principal. Incident reports
can be given. Please see the Jefferson Elementary Student handbook for
the consequences associated with receiving an incident report.